Aaton "multiplug"?!

Nicolas Lastschenko

Hey,

I own and operate a XTR #1495 (80's model), and I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get my hands on an, amphenol "multiplug" (Something that would allow me to have more than one amphenol 9 "socket"; thus allowing me to plug in 2+ accessories at the same time.)

Ideally Europe, but any suggestions welcome...

Thanks

• Premium Member

We typically refer to them as a junction box. You can get them in different configurations with two Lemo6's or one Lemo6 and an assistant side start/stop switch among others. They typically mount on XTRplus and XTRprod style camera on the assistant side where the yellow and red diodes live (there is a plate that with four M2.5 screws that is replaced by the box). They go for somewhere between $400-$500 depending on the configuration.

They would not mount on your camera though so the junction box would just dangle.

A competent electronics tech with access to lemo and amphanol connectors as well as a pinout of the amphanol9 port on your camera's PBX (said pinout is in the operators manual) should be able to whip you up something to your liking that you can velcro to your camera that might not cost so much.