c-mount lens to m-mount camera body adapter

Lisa Davidson

Hi,

Maybe the Leicina Special users out there could tell me where I could get an adapter to use C-mount lenses on the Leicina body.

Thank you.

Lisa Davidson

I think this doesn't exist...if I'm not wrong m-mount has a longer focal flange distance than c-mount...

I'm pretty happy with the zoom and the 10mm on my leicina, never felt the need for a c-mount lens :D

cheers, Bernhard

Edited by Bernhard Zitz

I think this doesn't exist...if I'm not wrong m-mount has a longer focal flange distance than c-mount...

I'm pretty happy with the zoom and the 10mm on my leicina, never felt the need for a c-mount lens :D

cheers, Bernhard

you dont need it but I might have one, i have to see a close of your camera with out the lens on, click on this link cause I dont think you need a c mount lens http://www.sorb-i-tol.com/super8cinemascopetest.html

cheers, Bernhard

Hi Bernhard and Alfredo,

You're probably right that it doesn't exist, but this is the thing. I have a Questar telescope, which has adapters so that it can behave like a C-mount lens. I want to take Super-8 through it. Apparently when you add length to the adapters, add adapters, add extension tubes, etc., it does not make the telescope impossible to focus but just increases the magnification. The telescope has a long screw that acts like a focusing rod. I've attached a 35mm still camera to it with its adapters, and that worked (well, the aperture priority "thought patterns" didn't, but at least I got a focused image). All I really would like to do is match the magnification it already gives to the eye, but if I can't I suppose it will be interesting anyway.

Super-8 Cinemascope!!! I can't believe it. How much did these things cost? It looks fantastic.

Thank you both.

Lisa

I'm sorry, I don't know if I sent this already.

Alfredo, my camera will be a Leicina Special, which has Leica M mount. I can't send a picture because I don't have the camera yet. But you can visualize it, I guess.

Thanks,

Lisa

I have a Questar telescope, which has adapters so that it can behave like a C-mount lens. I want to take Super-8 through it. Apparently when you add length to the adapters, add adapters, add extension tubes, etc., it does not make the telescope impossible to focus but just increases the magnification. The telescope has a long screw that acts like a focusing rod. I've attached a 35mm still camera to it with its adapters, and that worked (well, the aperture priority "thought patterns" didn't, but at least I got a focused image). All I really would like to do is match the magnification it already gives to the eye, but if I can't I suppose it will be interesting anyway.

If you've already used the Questar with a 35mm SLR, you ought to be able to find an adapter for the SLR's

lens to a Leica screw mount, then add a screw to M adaptor.

OK, thanks, what I guess I'll do is get the screw-mount to M adapter from Adorama, and have SKGrimes machine a C-mount to screw-mount thing. Plumbing, you know.

I seen the m mount to c mount on ebay but its not worded c mount it go's by thread mm size just type the name of your camera followed by adapter, you can also buy a super 8 with c mount for the same price of the adapter!

OK, thanks, what I guess I'll do is get the screw-mount to M adapter from Adorama, and have SKGrimes machine a C-mount to screw-mount thing. Plumbing, you know.

Going with the SLR to screw mount and the screw to M adaptors completey bypasses the C-mt.

Besides the C-mt can't be used on the Leicina. On the Beaulieu yes. The flange depth on the M-mt is about 28.5mm, while the C-mt is 17.52mm.

Going with the SLR to screw mount and the screw to M adaptors completey bypasses the C-mt.

I have a Questar-to-C-mount adapter.

I'm going to get SKGrimes to machine a C-mount to Leica-screw-mount adapter.

I have a Leica-screw-mount to Leica-M-mount adapter.

The SLR was only in the story to prove that the different Questar-to-film-plane distances don't matter to focus, only to amount of magnification.