Attaching a wide angle lens to a pinhole spy cam

Doug Jones

I hope an expert can help me create a solution for this problem:

I purchased a mini wireless color video camera to install on a radio-controlled helicopter. The camera is about as big as a quarter in size. I subsequently purchased a wide-angle lens to replace the lens on this camera. I unscrewed the original pinhole lens and, to my pleasant surprise, the threads on the wide-angle lens matched and it screwed on nicely. However, I discovered that in order to focus, I had to unscrew the wide-angle lens to the point where it hardly has any threads holding it on. Is there such a thing as a lens length extender? Or should I maybe just use some electical tape to secure it? Any ideas?

post-20075-1173741844.gif

• 2 weeks later...
I hope an expert can help me create a solution for this problem:

I purchased a mini wireless color video camera to install on a radio-controlled helicopter. The camera is about as big as a quarter in size. I subsequently purchased a wide-angle lens to replace the lens on this camera. I unscrewed the original pinhole lens and, to my pleasant surprise, the threads on the wide-angle lens matched and it screwed on nicely. However, I discovered that in order to focus, I had to unscrew the wide-angle lens to the point where it hardly has any threads holding it on. Is there such a thing as a lens length extender? Or should I maybe just use some electical tape to secure it? Any ideas?

as long as there is at least one thread to hold onto so that the lens doesn't wobble you could epoxy it on!