Canon HJ21 Cine Zoom

Alexander Joyce

Thought I might ask here if anyone have worked with the Canon HJ21x Cine Zoom and the Zeiss Telephoto DigiZoom and could offer some points on what the biggest difference between them is other than ofcourse the obvious focal length and stops :P

Thinking build quality, contrast, sharpness, mtf performance, breathing.

I've already ordered the Canon lens so there is really no turning back on that, but if I was to get a set of Digi Primes later would I perhaps need to change it out anyways and get the matching DigiZoom's anyways?

• Premium Member
Thought I might ask here if anyone have worked with the Canon HJ21x Cine Zoom...

Hi Alexander,

Here's a link to a thread on a music video shot by forum member Stuart Brereton on the Canon HJ21 cine zoom. http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/in...showtopic=19794

You might try sending him a PM.

The Canon HJ11 and HJ21 KLL (cine zoom) Lenses are really fantastic. I have had many DP,s who have commented on how pleasantly surprised they were by the quality and asthetic of these lenses. A good purchase in my opinion.

Hi! another question about HJ21

Does anybody know if there´s a optical differance between the the regular HJ21 and the HJ21 cinestyle,

or is it just the design that differ. I wanna have a zoom as a complement to my canon primes for my

next feature and have just been offer the regular HJ21. Any thoughts

Andreas