PRO35 backfocus keeps running

Hi all,

anyone has the same experience of the pro35 backfocus running everytime u change a lens?

i had this experience, and we had to constantly adjust the backfocus with every lens change. we ensured that the pro35 was mounted properly onto the camera and all support rods were in place.

Camera used was a varicam w/ ultra primes and a chroziel light-weight follow-focus.

One other thing i noticed was that when u racked focus, the pro35 unit would shift slightly. is this normal?

thx for your help!

I think you need to have your gear checked. The Pro35's beckfocus is a relationship between it and the camera. On a large HD monitor you should be able to see when the backfocus is correctly set. If the Pro35 physically moves on its mount (it is mounted on the camera and you can shift it around a bit) than that means that some internal mounting screws near the back need to be tightened. PLEASE DON'T TRY TO DO THIS YOURSELF! Take it back to the rental house and have them do it. After all that, if different lenses require different backfocus, then that means that they are not collimated properly and need to be reset by the rental house.