Price ranges for HD telecine?

james smyth

I have film that I want to get telecined in HD, but I can't find telecine houses in the US that publish prices. Does anyone know of any telecine houses that publish prices? I found one place that a 1-hour session minimum for $1900. Is that really a reasonable price?

• Premium Member
I have film that I want to get telecined in HD, but I can't find telecine houses in the US that publish prices. Does anyone know of any telecine houses that publish prices? I found one place that a 1-hour session minimum for $1900. Is that really a reasonable price?

No, sounds too high. Generally a supervised Spirit transfer is around $500/hr, but it varies by what HD format you are recording to. You have to talk to the sales rep at each facility to get a quote and make a deal.

i've found several places in LA that will do it for 325$/hr

• Premium Member

I've been quoted $250 an hour (supervised) on a Shadow to HDCam SR with DVCam simultaneous (none of this including the price of tape stock) from Entertainment Post in Burbank. This is what they told me was their book rate, so anyone should be able to get a similar price.

I've never worked with them, so the question is how it would look. I remember seeing some posts on here that had stills that looked like the typical noisy, not the best quality look from this companies Rank, but that is sort of typical of the Rank and low budget telecine places. If anyone has used their Shadow, I would be curious how it looked.

Kevin Zanit