Important concern

I used to work in a cinema. And they made so much money from popcorn, fizzy drinks and candy that showing movies was just an easy way to get suckers to buy the grossly overpriced concessions. Multiplexes are really big candy stores that happen to show film on the side.

How true. How true. I worked at Loew's and quit recently on the spot when they told me to go work in the concession stand. I said, "I am not here to work in a fast food restaurant, I am here to work at a movie theater." What you say is very true..in fact, they admit that in their orientation videos, which are horrible and filled with zooms.

I was at a theater this past winter when the Last Samurai came out. I was there with an old friend of mine and we were waiting for the previews to get over. Then suddenly they started this "bod" commercial (you know, the one with the guys with no shirts on were "playing" guitars poorly synced to the techno music). I start chuckling, my friend starts laughing and the rest of the crowd caught on. The whole place was roaring by the end of the commercial.

Maybe this is the beginning of a greater awakening...