Bell & Howell Filmosound TQI

JB Guillot

Hi 16mm users !

I just inherited a 16mm projector from Bell & Howell written Filmosound TQI (or TQ1 I don't know) on the side.

I payed a bit with it managed to see some of the films that were given with it...seems in good shape just a bit dusty.

I just have a problem with the sound which has no (or not much) high frequencies...so sound is awfull with just low frequencies.

I would like to fix it but don't have a user manual or whatever could help me wo if you have any tricks that could help me.

Just some more info, sound is optical in may case and I just learnt a bit about it and might try some manipulations given on another forum (French one).

Anyway if you have any experience with this kind of projector or if you have copies of the instruction manual (or know where I can find it)...I would really appreciate your help !

Cheers.

Gybe

I finally found some ways to correct the sound problem I had. It's not so bad now...

Still I have some question about the connectors of this projector ; here's a pic :

CIMG0905.JPG

The connector on the right is for the speakers, I have the cable and everything...but what about the other 2 ? Do you know something about the little signs that appear near the plugs ?

Thanks for your help !

• Premium Member
Do you know something about the little signs that appear near the plugs ?

Thanks for your help !

I think the middle one is for Phono, and that would probaly leave the left one for a microphone. (free PA amplifier with every Projector)

I think the middle one is for Phono, and that would probaly leave the left one for a microphone. (free PA amplifier with every Projector)

You may be right...I tested yesterday night : the left one (with the yellow tape) is for the microphone and middle one probably for phono IN, as no sound was coming out of it.

Thanks for your help ! And if some of you have the instruction manual or find it some day it would be great to share it ;)