Sunshine.

I'm surprised at the criticism for this film. I guess you can kind of chalk whether you thought it looked good up to taste, but as far as the story goes I thought it was pretty solid. Most of all I want to rebut the notion that Sunshine switches genres in act III. Classically, SciFi and Horror dovetailed pretty nicely. Anyone familiar with Lovecraft knows what I mean. The logical conclusion to science fiction is this: What happens when man's quest to know the unknown is met by the unknowable? The writer claims that he feels this is a story about atheism and I think any tale of edge-of-space insanity has to be. The revelation of our own insignificance in the grand scheme of things can only be maddening. The removal of God is the removal of all meaning from everything we do. Or is it? Sunshine certainly showcases a variety of responses to this. Pinbacker's insanity and god-complex are one. Capa's response is to dwell on the beauty of the event.

Although the plotline is not incredibly intricate, I think like the theme of it very much and I think the execution was good.

And for what it's worth, I liked the way it looked.

Saw it twice and read the screenplay.