Support for large anamorphic lens on C mount?

Steve Zimmerman

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to mount ARRI style support rods on a bolex Rex 1. I have a PL mount 75mm Lomo Anamorphic lens, and was serriously thinking about buying a PL Mount to C mount adapter to use it on my Bolex.

I was inspired by the Chris Cunningham Squarepusher video that used an anamorphic lens on a 16mm film camera.

The lens is rather long and heavy so it needs support, so I need to use rods to mount a support. Does the standard Bolex matte box do this? I can get access to an ARRI matte box. I know there are flat base adapters for the Bolex. Do the have holes for rods too? It would be nice to be able to use large filters too.

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by Steve Zimmerman

Please?

Anybody have any ideas for supporting a long lens on a bolex? If I get an answer I can use I'm hoping to shoot some 16mm Kodachrome at 2.4:1 ratio, and I promise to post some stills here on the board. :)

I have tried Kodachrome on an ARRI SRIII with ziess lenses VS my Bolex Rex 1 with a switar lens, and the color saturation and sharpness was much better with the Zeiss. I was hoping to test and compare My Lomo Anamorphic lens also with my Bolex, without the lens snapping off due to weight.

Thanks in advance,

Steve Zimmerman

Edited by Steve Zimmerman

• 4 months later...