camera test

Miguel Bunster

Hi I tested the camera (more exposure test) but when i did the telecine all good and high end monitor but when i watch a dv video of the test which is full frame I see this pink line on the left side (image attached). Its out of the safe area but still wanted to ask any ideas about what may cause this.

Thanks

M

• Premium Member
Hi I tested the camera (more exposure test) but when i did the telecine all good and high end monitor but when i watch a dv video of the test which is full frame I see this pink line on the left side (image attached). Its out of the safe area but still wanted to ask any ideas about what may cause this.

Thanks

M

What type of camera is this?

That appears to be a bit of over exposure along the edge. Perhaps the pressure plate is not pushing down firm enough on the left of frame, if the film is allowed to pull away from the gate a little along the edge it will get hit with more light.

Just a theory.

R,

This looks most like light reflecting off the ege of the gate aperture (which therefore can't be properly black).

If you have a look inside the camera, don't forget that the image is inverted, so you need to look on the right hand edge of the gate (which is the left hand edge if you look from the front of the camera.)

Hi,

Is an SR3 and could have been because I loaded the camera and the buckle may have been loose. havent loaded this camera in ages....gona check with the first AC.

Thanks!

Miguel

Hi,

Is an SR3 and could have been because I loaded the camera and the buckle may have been loose. havent loaded this camera in ages....gona check with the first AC.

Thanks!

Miguel

If you have a look inside the camera, don't forget that the image is inverted, so you need to look on the right hand edge of the gate (which is the left hand edge if you look from the front of the camera.)

Ooops, right. :D

R,

Hi, thanks for your replays.

I thought it was gate/mag issue but my 1ac mentioned it could have been a lab problem. A lab here known to do bad developing specially on short films....they dont care to much..

M

miguel

Just check the gate plate pressure and go to Gama to develop the footage (actually if you can do the test in both labs)

In my experience you'll find huge differences between Chilefilms and Gama specially in sharping.

if you need any advise, just call me

Rodrigo