Looking for a Sankyo XL 620 Supertronic Manual

Craig Mieritz

Hi-

Wondering if anyone has a copy of the manual for this camera that they'd be willing to share (or if they know of where one is available online). I've spent a fair amount of time searching all over the web and could only find one place in the U.K. that had it available. They wanted about $50 for a download of the manual.

Thanks.

What specifically about the Camera do you not understand? I have a different Sankyo -- which are very well-built Cameras by the way, and I may be able to answer your questions. Matthew Buick also has a Sankyo, and much experience with it.

Thanks for the reply and the offer of assistance. There is nothing in particular at this point. I just like to have as much info available as possible.

Actually, now that I think of it, there is one thing. What would you recommend using to replace the foam in the door? I got the old slimy stuff out and am thinking about what would work best (and not make another mess).

Best Regards

Craig

What would you recommend using to replace the foam in the door? I got the old slimy stuff out and am thinking about what would work best (and not make another mess).

Craig, are you talking about the foam around the Door Window? If so, just cover it over with black vinyl electrical tape. That's all I did. You can verify that there's a Cartridge inside by checking the footage Meter.

You should have a screw 'socket' on the Right Side of the Camera when looking at it from the front. That's called a Cable Release Plug Socket used for 'single frame' shooting.

Craig, are you talking about the foam around the Door Window? If so, just cover it over with black vinyl electrical tape. That's all I did. You can verify that there's a Cartridge inside by checking the footage Meter.

You should have a screw 'socket' on the Right Side of the Camera when looking at it from the front. That's called a Cable Release Plug Socket used for 'single frame' shooting.

OK. Thanks again.

Another suggestion I would make is to look into the Lens with a Flashlight to see if there are any scratches on the internal Pink Filter. They call it a UV Filter, but it actually serves the purpose of reducing the excess Blue Light you can experience on a cloudy or overcast day outside. If you can see any scratches, then just insert a screw on top to push out the Filter. I had to do this on my Camera due to scratches. Luckily, I discovered the scratches before first using it.

• Premium Member
Another suggestion I would make is to look into the Lens with a Flashlight to see if there are any scratches on the internal Pink Filter. They call it a UV Filter, but it actually serves the purpose of reducing the excess Blue Light you can experience on a cloudy or overcast day outside. If you can see any scratches, then just insert a screw on top to push out the Filter. I had to do this on my Camera due to scratches. Luckily, I discovered the scratches before first using it.

You're the only person that I know of that has ever claimed there is a pink UV filter inside the camera.

You're the only person that I know of that has ever claimed there is a pink UV filter inside the camera.

What colour are you proposing that it is? It's not Red. A Pink Filter is used to soften excess Blue Light. I looked this up in professional photography specifications! Before first using my Camera, I damned well wanted to know what that Filter was for. It doesn't matter whether you're talking about Photography or Cinematography, Filters for colour correction are the same.