New to group

Toby Edwards

Hi'

I'm new to the group. Been shooting film as a hobby for a few years.

I really like the look of super 8. Does anyone know how super 8 looks projected via a video projector at film fests. How does it look compared to say Mini DV.

Thanks

Toby

• Premium Member
Hi'

I'm new to the group. Been shooting film as a hobby for a few years.

I really like the look of super 8. Does anyone know how super 8 looks projected via a video projector at film fests. How does it look compared to say Mini DV.

Thanks

Toby

If you get over the initial Super-8 hurdles of proper exposure, focus and framing, something that is usually easier to attain in the mini-dv world because of instant review, then if you are a fan of real film the super-8 will definitely look better to you even when it's being projected on video. But this is no automatic, it's based on doing an excellent job when shooting super-8.

If you get over the initial Super-8 hurdles of proper exposure, focus and framing, something that is usually easier to attain in the mini-dv world because of instant review, then if you are a fan of real film the super-8 will definitely look better to you even when it's being projected on video. But this is no automatic, it's based on doing an excellent job when shooting super-8.

Right, Super 8mm can look like crap and it can look amazing. I saw a lot of footage shot with super 8mm film since I started to be interested in and I know that if you are doing all the things Alessandro Machi has mentioned and you get a fine telecine your footage can look very good.