Capturing problems

Juan Miguel Sevilla

hi, was just wondering if any of you had problems with footage shot on an XL2 and then capturing it with a different camera?

i didn't have problems with it before but lately it's been popping up. canon handicams work fine, but capturing XL2 footage with a sony or jvc handicam is a different matter. there's some breakage in the video and the audio is completely gone.

can anyone shed any light on this?

I've had this problem many times when I used to go back and forth from different source cameras. The best solution is to get a hold of or barrow a good deck as these tend to read better. The problem you describe (I'm guessing your refereeing to digital artifacts and breakage) is usually caused by a dirty Camera head. Its possible your cannon needs to be cleaned. The other issue is also the quality and make of your dv tapes and the quality of the camera you are using to capture with. There are a lot of factors involved with this kind of problem but your best bet is to only shoot with quality tapes made by the manufacturer of your camera and use a good deck for capturing.