micro35 or M2 users

alfredoparra

I bought a portible dvd player at walmart for $100.00 its a 7 inch screen 16x9 high pixel resolution, it has a thread on the bottom for mounting on a tripod or a bracket, the beauty of it is the screes has a reverse mode and you can flip the screen upside down! all you m2 micro35 users can dump your cheap mirror and use a ldc screen right side up! here is the web address wwwbipus.com but its a clearance item at walmart the model:DV-721-388

its all black and it has an internal recharable battery with video input and out options, and it comes with a leather slip cover for protection! it lits up very bright! this thing looks very nice! walwart in lynn massachusetts has about 30 on the shelf so if your walmart dosent have it they can get one from the lynn store.

Even better, RedRock has developed a smaller adapter to mount between the camera lens and the M2 (just shown at NAB). It re-flips the image, finally providing a regular right-side up image. The reported light loss is only 1/4 stop, which seems a bit ambitious but whatever it is, it's probably worth it to not have to jump through hoops to view a correct picture.

thats cool! do you know what the price is? well more attchments makes the camera heavy so im not to sure about that?? im suprized nobody made a clip on attchment that flip the lcd screen on the camera.

It is reported to cost $500. Aside from numerous issues I would have with putting a magnet anywhere near my gear to alter an electrical field, the idea of Redrock's device is not so you can only view a right side up image, but you'll be recording one as well. No need to flip and render in post.

The size of the device is quite small - perhaps a quarter of the M2 itself. The gain in weight will be a small price to pay to avoid the hassle of an upside down image. And yes, the flip is vertical, giving you natural orientation.