Eclair NPR's Perfectone batteries

Tavin Charapitak

I just digged up my dad's old NPR, it got everything except the battery to power

the Perfectone Compact Motor... Can anyone tell me what kind of battery and cables

is use with this camera? And where can I get it?

I was hoping for something portable or on board...

And how do I know if the camera need an overhaul?

Thanxs a millions...

I just digged up my dad's old NPR, it got everything except the battery to power

the Perfectone Compact Motor... Can anyone tell me what kind of battery and cables

Thanxs a millions...

Hi

As far as I can remember on the side of the motor is a 4 pin male XLR socket needs 12v I believe its Neg 1 Pos 4 which it now the standard it does not take onboard battery it was mainly used with a battery belt ,as for service I don't know where you live

Regards

Don

• Premium Member

Don is right on. Pin #1 is common/negative and pin#4 is hot/12volts. The sync light should come on briefly upon start-up and stay off when running. It's really an out-of-sync alarm.

Put some film in the mag and fire her up. If your processed images look sharp and steady, you're ready to rock.

Don is right on. Pin #1 is common/negative and pin#4 is hot/12volts. The sync light should come on briefly upon start-up and stay off when running. It's really an out-of-sync alarm.

Put some film in the mag and fire her up. If your processed images look sharp and steady, you're ready to rock.

Sorry Bernie I should have told him of you, we have never met but like you I worked for Samuelson's, from 72-82 some of the best days of my life ran the Sound Maintenance Dept and the Video Assist after Joe Dunton left.

Regards

Don

Thanxs a millions...

Hi Tawin

You could do like this chap has done and mount a clip on battery on the mags

http://members.aol.com/npr16mm/ (click on Visitors Camera)

Regards

Don

post-4534-1177674320.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/PRO-VIDEO-12-AMP-12V-B...1QQcmdZViewItem

This is what I bought and used it just fine on an Eclair NPR. I able to run both the camera and the video tap off the same battery without any adverse affect on the motor. Though I'm not sure if it's the most healthy thing to do.

Hi James,

The Pro Video Battery looks great!

But do you know what is the dimensions and the weight of the battery?

Thanx...