what format camera should i use

hi,guys, need your orientation on this. i'm new on films so my partner. and we have two XL2 digital cameras. We want to do music video clips with the international standards, so my question is what the industry moving on, on digital videos or still in (..mm) formats. I think that we can use for this videos music porpouse the super 16mm, for more quality, it's what my competions using..

it's the Aaton super 16mm A-Minima good for this porpouse. what's your camera recommendation for buy...

thanx..

Where do you live? If you're anywhere near a rental house why shell out the money to own a 16mm camera if you can easily rent--or anything more than DV for that matter? That is unless you've got a couple grand burning a hole in your pocket... I suppose if everything you're doing is on spec and you figure you can amortize the cost over several self-financed productions it might make sense. However if other people are paying, you should probably be charging for rental on your own equipment or somehow incorporating those costs into your fee structure anyway, the client doesn't save all that much money.

thanx for that advice, i will go with the rental option (that i found). in this way i can use more than 1 camera that i can cost, without the inconvinient with the a-minimal with 200 feet magazine. (5 1/2 minutes for record)..

by the way i'm from dominican republic....