Panavision New Filmmaker Program

Hello, I am thinking of applying for the Panavision New Filmmaker Program. Does anyone have experience applying for this program or receiving it? All information would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

-Zak

I might be forgetting something, but it's basically as follows: Panaflex 16mm Elaine, set of Panavision primes, Sachtler 7+7 head, hi hat, Baby sticks, regular sticks, 4 Mags, 2 batteries(block), 2 batteries(onboard), matte box, follow focus, i think some filters, and video tap.

I might be forgetting something, but it's basically as follows: Panaflex 16mm Elaine, set of Panavision primes, Sachtler 7+7 head, hi hat, Baby sticks, regular sticks, 4 Mags, 2 batteries(block), 2 batteries(onboard), matte box, follow focus, i think some filters, and video tap.

Oh, I'm familiar with the program and what it includes. I'm curious if anyone has any experience applying for the program and gained usage of the equipment, or if anyone has applied and not gotten it, what they included in the proposal, what they forgot etc. But thanks for replying.

I shot a short film about a year ago where the producer got this grant from Panavision. We ended up not taking them up on the grant because the camera's are based out of Panavision Woodland Hills and the shoot was in NYC. Ric Halpern was very helpful and upfront that they do not cover the cost of shipping and that an AC would have to prep the package at Woodland Hills. In this case, the short was only 3 days so it was more cost effective to rent locally. If I remember correctly, shipping would cost about $1800 each way.

That said, if you're in the LA area it's a great deal.