RED Delayed

Werner Klipsch

Paot from Jim Jannard on Reduser.net

RED news

Extract:

"I know everyone is waiting for some info. As you know, we are on an engineering hold. What that means is that the last 10% is harder than we thought. We got so far so fast that we were sure we could finish without problems. Wrong.

We have encountered a ton of detail issues. Throw in some supplier difficulties and here we are... delayed. I really didn't think it would happen, but it has."

With some knowledge of the problems with quality control, I am not ober surprised. Somebody else on Reduser said something like 80% of the work is the last 20% of the engineering . I would say more like 95% and 5% when combining such new technology hardware and advanced software is in the mix!

Beginner's luck: the curse of engineers :rolleyes: Jannard refused to show us a picture of his first messy proto-RED bread-board, and I bet you it worked perfectly!! I will also bet his first actual camera that looks like a camera was harder to get going, but he did it in the end. Now when he has the production line all set up polished and the floors swept so on, the bastards will not perform! Hey, never work with children, animals or new prototype devices, they will never do what you expect.

I remember somebody comparing such a project to travelling from New York (or some place similar) to climb Mt Everest. It's thousands miles from New York to Tibet, only 7 to the top of Mt Everest, but which is the hardest part of the journey?

For a practical suggestion, get someone qualified to look at the problems who knows nothing about the RED, and who does not worship Jim Jannard :lol: Also. are your contractor's supplier contracts so iron-clad they cannot even change the color of the printing ink on their invoice without your permission! They should be :angry: