help! k-3 trigger stuck...

adam schutzman

hey all...

please help! This afternoon, directly after finishing a 100' roll of tri-x with a borrowed krasnogorsk-3, the trigger somehow got stuck inside it's housing and the motor stopped running (which i didnt noticed until i tried to load a new roll of film)...has this happened to anyone before?? im not sure why this happened... im wondering if its becuase i accidently ran the motor for a few seconds after the roll of film had finished?? (i was using a cable release for it that was screwed into the trigger)...does anyone know how to fix this?? i really hope so, because i borrowed this from a very trusting friend. anyhow, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated! thank you very much!!

~adam

Sometimes when the spring winds down, the trigger button will stay stuck in. It will pop back out when it is wound up again. I've had this happen several times while using a k3. I don't know if this is the same problem that you are experiencing. If you have wound it up and the trigger still hasn't popped back out, try depressing the trigger quickly then releasing quickly (sometimes that works), or also make sure the film inside is not jammed or threaded improperly (that can make a difference too). Hope some of this helps.

also while using the K3 I have noticed that a shutter release sometimes causes the trigger to stick. It seems not to be a problem with the trigger, but rather an effect of using too long of a cord. It seems to take a lot of force to depress the shutter release (much more than an average slr) and if the trigger pushes enough to release the shutter, but not enough to reset it, you'll have problems.

Take a paperclip and press as firmly as you can, and as you release the paperclip, press on the trigger to coax it back into place. That usually works for me. Its odd though since it seems like its only when going from cable to trigger that the problem becomes apparent.

This tip only works when the spring is wound, like Venhaus noted.