eintirely my favourite (digital-cinema) camera

Anna Baltl

has anyone found a manual in either english or german for the d20?

actually it is hard to believe that this incredibly simple menu supplies all you need but still id like to see if there is more behind that.

unlike so many cameras of the digital kind the d20 is just such a robust beauty. i would not trade it in for all the varicams and cine altas on the whole island of japan, that is not even a comparison. and not either for one of those red's that still no one seems to have seen yet.

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member

actually it is hard to believe that this incredibly simple menu supplies all you need but still id like to see if there is more behind that.

unlike so many cameras of the digital kind the d20 is just such a robust beauty. i would not trade it in for all the varicams and cine altas on the whole island of japan, that is not even a comparison. and not either for one of those red's that still no one seems to have seen yet.

You wont get one until it's not a prototype camera. At least that's what I was told. I had to shoot without one !!! Arri told me one would be out really soon !!! BUt because the camera is still technically a prototype, they don't want to release the manual

• 6 months later...

dear anna,

i know that there is a manual for the D20 since i was holding it in my own hands on monday. but i do not have any digital one and i do not know if it would be legal to spread it. but i can ask for sure if you are still interested.

but i must say, that the D20 is not that complicated at all. the front part is exactly the 435, so if you can handle that one, you can work with the D20 front part as well.

problem is, that the front part is not communication with the digital part at all. so you can make some settings, that won´t make any sense at all.

the digital part is not that complicated as well (my opinion). the only thing you need to know is what the different "ISO" setting really do (compression in the highlight etc.)...

greets,

timo