FILM LIKE video footage from HVX200

Guest lumisphere

Guest lumisphere

I know you've heard this before. Film like images achieved on low end HD cameras. But here is the proof.

I shot a short as a test for a feature film called "WINTER". The camera captures some amazing snow. The blacks are nice and clean. I had to under expose a bit so the highlight doesn't blow out. You can also see the the highlight blow out when it got sunny. So I always made sure that the sun backlit the objects so it's not that harsh.

>>>> WATCH TEST (short film) <<<<

I just finished the feature film finally with this camera (all snow). I'm very happy with the way it captures the light in dark situations. Here is a frame sample. You can see on the frame grabs, I exposed for the hard light hitting the snow to achieve film-noir images. I works well. If I exposed for the shadow, the image would have looked like a home video. Enjoy....

0210gwox2.th.jpg

>>>> VIEW FRAME GRABS on pdf (feature film) <<<<

Guest lumisphere
If your going for something film-like you should deinterlace. What you posted looks very video-ish.

Really? Is it the motion that bothers you cuz that's just the test film. I shot the feature 24PA (1080i) so it should be true 24 fps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...