Tungsten and Fluorescent

Ok,

I am lighting a large space with very even light. the room has lots of Fluorescent light fixtures and the budget is only leaving room for a reasonable tungsten package or a kino.

What I am asking is if I am using soft white bulbs and controlling the florescent lights with duvi and such would it be better to correct the fluorescents or should I correct the tungsten kit with green?

(note - there are around 25 fluorescent fixtures.. )

thanks all

Matt

shooting on kodak 16mm 500T 7218

It would be very easy to add green to your tungsten light(s?) to match the flo's and time it all out during printing/transfer or you could do it at the lens as well with the appropriate magenta CC.

Does this room have any windows though?

Tim

Edited by timHealy

That is an issue I hit. it does have 2 windows.

It would be very easy to add green to your tungsten light(s?) to match the flo's and time it all out during printing/transfer or you could do it at the lens as well with the appropriate magenta CC.

Does this room have any windows though?

Tim

most industrial lights are cool whites. a quick run up a ladder for a visual will let you know the type of bulb and, would give you an idea of what temperature you need to ballance to.

secondly about the windows, my suggestion would be to meet in the middle of the window and the flouros.

the window will be around 6000 degrees K and the flouros around 4000. so, I would suggest warming some blue tubed

kinos (so you get more output as blue gel takes away more light) with half straw. Again, I would use staw because there is a

natural green in the gel already.

The great thing about the 7218 is that the green spike is very minimal and the straw should balance out just fine in post.

thems my two cents.

good luck

Chris

Edited by chris kempinski