Front Box

• Premium Member
I see what you mean. It's only missing measurements :)

I'll bet a clever person could measure the center-to-center of the "slot" holes of the mount plate on that photo, check what the center-to-center of the front box mount pegs are on their gear, and use that measurement to successfully scale and dimension the photos. I don't have a setup handy, if anyone's interested - I'll email Doug Hart, something tells me he might know. Since it came from the Pana-Store calling them would also work. ;)

• Premium Member

Already did, actually. I called filmtools and asked them to measure one of the brackets they sell. I've been taking in some info so I can make a frontbox once I have access to a good shop again. The approximate center-to-center they gave me was 3", more like 4" for the screw holes holes for mounting the bracket.

I based most of my basic dimensions off of the one that filmtools sells, though.

Edited by Chris Keth

At $125 bucks (that's right now with 17 hours left for it to go UP) for what looks like a desk drawer with a metal plate screwed to it, I'd be SORELY tempted to fabricate this myself. I've seen enough "Yankee Workshop" episodes on PBS to give it a shot. Anybody got a ballpark idea of the demensions, I doubt if they'd have to be all that exact. B)

Already did, actually. I called filmtools and asked them to measure one of the brackets they sell. I've been taking in some info so I can make a frontbox once I have access to a good shop again. The approximate center-to-center they gave me was 3", more like 4" for the screw holes holes for mounting the bracket.

I based most of my basic dimensions off of the one that filmtools sells, though.

At 4in for the screw hole on this that makes the box about a foot wide across the back(12 inches) by maybe 8 inches, looking at the holes for the markers, though, I think it's bigger than that maybe a foot and a half by a foot maybe 6in tall at the high side 4 ant the low side. whatdaya think?

I just realized something, a slateboard slides in underneath this thing so whats the standard size for a slateboard? add 2 inches to the board's width and that's it you have your width and depth and from the depth you can figure the hieght. Too easy. B)

Edited by James Steven Beverly