follow focus direction

I think this is the right forum for this question. Could someone tell me the direction the follow focus knob is turning (looking at the knob from the side) when focusing toward infinity. This is assuming a standard cine lens.

Thank you,

Chuck

I think of it like this. If I am trying to focus near, then you need to turn the focus knob towards the subject. If you are focusing far, then you turn away from the subject.

If you are on the smart side pulling to infinity it will be clockwise, but if you are on the dumb side it will be counter clockwise.

shane

I think of it like this. If I am trying to focus near, then you need to turn the focus knob towards the subject. If you are focusing far, then you turn away from the subject.

If you are on the smart side pulling to infinity it will be clockwise, but if you are on the dumb side it will be counter clockwise.

shane

Thank you Shane,

It's completly the oppisite of what I thought it would be. lol Just figured that one would turn the knob towards the direction on was focusing to. But now that I think about it, before internal focusing the lens would physically shorten in length (towards the camera) as you focused towards infinity.

Thanks,

Chuck