Short film "Mysterious Way" pic

Hello,

I discovered this site a week ago and have been on it every day for at least a couple hours gaining knowledge. I found my calling within the last year to be a cinematographer. I think this site is great, and seems like a great community of members.

Here is one pic from "Mysterious Way". I was the DP on the film. We shot with the Panasonic HVX200 w/ mini-35 adapter and a set of Zeiss super speed primes(18,25,35,50,85). We had a 1 ton grip truck with Arri tungsten and kino flo. We shot at a train station and a underground tunnel. I will post more set pics and actual stills from the footage soon.

Josh

In this pic below, i used an Arri 2K for the back light. This was mainly used to pick up the train track, which is just left of the actor, and add some depth. I used a 4 ft. 4 bank kino for the key to the right of the actor, and then filled with a 2 ft. 4 bank kino.

post-22023-1180529947_thumb.jpg

Edited by Josh Pickering

Thank you very much Bill, that's my favorite as well. Michael, I've been doing cinematography now for about a year. I've always been interested in it. I watch films and pause them and try to break down the lighting setups within the scene. Right now I'm a producer at a production company in Dallas, TX. How long have you been doing cinematography?

Thank you very much Bill, that's my favorite as well. Michael, I've been doing cinematography now for about a year. I've always been interested in it. I watch films and pause them and try to break down the lighting setups within the scene. Right now I'm a producer at a production company in Dallas, TX. How long have you been doing cinematography?

Only a year? I'm impressed with your work for being a year in.

I'm a student. I just started getting into it.

That last shot looks really nice. Also the background in the second image. Very nice colors.

Edited by Michael Palm

I totally agree with you on how valuable a resource cinematography dot com is. I think that most people on here are happy to share information regarding the work/art. I like the frames you put up. I like the skin tone, and the last one has great perspective lines leading the character to the door. It also has decent latitude for digital. Sharing work is awesome. good job