7218 Color rendering

I shot a short for a class project on super 16 7218 and there is one particular scene where the right side of the actress' face is slightly red. I keyed her from left side with a 150 fresnel. She has redish brown hair and I'm wondering if its just a reflection of her hair back on to her face and if there was something I could have done about that. Could it maybe have been make up as well or is 7218 more responsive to red ?

Chris

• Premium Member
Could it maybe have been make up as well or is 7218 more responsive to red ?

Probably it was some sort of warm bounce into the shadows -- underexposed warmth is reddish.

'18 is actually less prone to going red in the skintones than previous Kodak stocks.

Probably it was some sort of warm bounce into the shadows -- underexposed warmth is reddish.

'18 is actually less prone to going red in the skintones than previous Kodak stocks.

Yeah I think your right that could have been it. I had another light in the kitchen some 15 ft away but the whole place was white walled.

Thank you David.

Chris

I shot a short for a class project on super 16 7218 and there is one particular scene where the right side of the actress' face is slightly red. I keyed her from left side with a 150 fresnel. She has redish brown hair and I'm wondering if its just a reflection of her hair back on to her face and if there was something I could have done about that. Could it maybe have been make up as well or is 7218 more responsive to red ?

Chris

I saw that film at the showcase. Nicely lit and shot.