How to best remove Streaks and Tips from painted wall?

Tim O'Connor

• Premium Member

I've seen art departments use Streaks and Tips for years to dress down/distress

everything from cars to windows to all sorts of surfaces and was always told that it's

so useful because it comes off easily but I guess that I've never been around to see

that part.

I sprayed part of my kitchen wall, a regular painted wall, with some Streaks and Tips

for a quick pick -up shot that needed a grimier wall than was there. I thought that it

would simply wash off but so far I've scrubbed it and it's still visible. Anybody

know about this?

Try using "Mr. Clean Magic eraser". They're these disposable sponges that remove stains from hard-to-clean surfaces, and they work wonderfully on painted walls. I've never tried to take off "Streaks and Tips", but I have baby brothers :) I've 'tested' it on crayon and permanent markers drawings, and it works well, even with white paint... but don't scrub too much or the paint may also begin to come off. (that takes a WHOLE lot, though)

• Premium Member
Try using "Mr. Clean Magic eraser". They're these disposable sponges that remove stains from hard-to-clean surfaces, and they work wonderfully on painted walls. I've never tried to take off "Streaks and Tips", but I have baby brothers :) I've 'tested' it on crayon and permanent markers drawings, and it works well, even with white paint... but don't scrub too much or the paint may also begin to come off. (that takes a WHOLE lot, though)

Thanks, Lana, that's great. If these sponges work on permanent markers then they must be good.