First Film

Alex Mercer

Im 17 years old and a senior and High School, me and some of my football buddies would like to make a movie or mockumentary. If we did a mockumentary we would do it about our football team. If we didnt do a mockumentary we would make it about something else. We are having a problem comming up with some ideas. Do you guys think you could help out with comming up with some ideas? If any body can help with ideas or even writing it that would be awesome. I have a huge interest in directing and writing I have also worked with a local studio so I have been around it. If any one can help us please let me know.

Thanks,

Alex

. I have a huge interest in directing and writing I have also worked with a local studio so I have been around it.

Alex,

If you have an interest in writing than I suggest you go to your local library and pick up a couple of books on screenwriting. Even though you want to shoot a mockumentary, these may provide fundamentals of writing for film.

You have to come up with the story you want to tell. Ask your self a few questions:

1. Why is this important?

2. Who are the characters? Really who are they? You have to create personalities, histories, idiosyncratic behaviors, you must know these characters as if they were real people. Why often characters are based on real people.

3. What is the story? What is the conflict? What is the premise of the film?

Really this should be very exciting for you. There is a book called The Screenplay. I don't recall who wrote it but its one of the standards.

Mostly have fun! That is most important.

Hope this helps.