Experienced composer looking for projects :D

Christopher Kennedy Alpiar

Hi all!

My Name is Chris Alpiar and I am a composer of music for film, TV, stage theater and video games. I went to Berklee College of Music with a dual major in performance (sax) and Jazz composition. After more then 15 years of writing and touring as a jazz player I have gravitated my musical voice in music for picture. While I have tons of experience as an award winning composer I am still new to film and tv. So I am looking for projects to expand my portfolio. Shorts or features or any kind of music for picture project really! Please come to my website to hear some samples at

http://www.alpiar.com/demos.aspx

and also to read more about me and my studio :)

Thanks for all the fish!

====================

Cinematic Composer

http://www.alpiar.com

chris1_200x130.jpg

Edited by Christopher Kennedy Alpiar

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Send somethig to <cias_college_students_sofa@rit.edu> and <cias_sofa_faculty@rit.edu>

They're for people at RIT in Rochester, NY. There are always students looking for composers to work with. Both animations and live-action films are represented.

Hi all!

My Name is Chris Alpiar and I am a composer of music for film, TV, stage theater and video games. I went to Berklee College of Music with a dual major in performance (sax) and Jazz composition. After more then 15 years of writing and touring as a jazz player I have gravitated my musical voice in music for picture. While I have tons of experience as an award winning composer I am still new to film and tv. So I am looking for projects to expand my portfolio. Shorts or features or any kind of music for picture project really! Please come to my website to hear some samples at

http://www.alpiar.com/demos.aspx

and also to read more about me and my studio :)

Thanks for all the fish!

====================

Cinematic Composer

http://www.alpiar.com

chris1_200x130.jpg

Interesting stuff. What does "Thanks for all the fish!" mean? :unsure:

Interesting stuff. What does "Thanks for all the fish!" mean? :unsure:

Its just an "I'm trying to be a hipster but I'm really a geek" reference to one of the Douglas Adams Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy books (book 3?) "So long, and thanks for all the fish"

:)

Any thoughts of the music other then "interesting"? Would love some feedback!

Thanks

I didn't read the books...saw the movie, but kinda hated the movie, the books HAD to have been better than that, let's keep it clean and say piece for tripe, anywho, about your work, from what I heard it's at least as good if not way better than the Back Traxx or some of the other royalty free music out there. I'd love to see what you do with scoring a piece of a specific piece of film. A lot of what I heard had a kind of heavy handed, epic quality to it which would be good for some pieces but I'd like to see your range and versatility, I kind expected a more ethereal quality to the moon thing you have on there and although it was good, I was somewhat disappointed that it didn't show a completely different facet to your work. I think you've got a lot of talent, I'd just like to see more of your range, that's all. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the feedback James :) I was told by several trusted sources to not try and cover all the gamuts out there and just focus on one style that I enjoy the most. And yea I am lost in my own epic adventure where I am the hero! I have tons and tons of rap, electronica, pop, stage-theater, traditional jazz, avant garde, etc stuff, do you think i should post all manner of things? Or do you mean more like other flavors within my orchestral writing? Thanks again tho I really appreciate your critique, its rare someone will take the time to say whats not grabbing them

I checked out your work and it was good. Very atmospheric. If your interested I am looking for a composer to do the score to a short film I am wrapping up. check out the trailer at:

If you like it and think you'd be interested let me know. Its for percentage credit and copy, theres no money, but it would be great for experience and your demo reel. Its a psycological thriller so you can really have fun with the ambiance and the cues.

I checked out your work and it was good. Very atmospheric. If your interested I am looking for a composer to do the score to a short film I am wrapping up. check out the trailer at:

If you like it and think you'd be interested let me know. Its for percentage credit and copy, theres no money, but it would be great for experience and your demo reel. Its a psycological thriller so you can really have fun with the ambiance and the cues.

I would absolutely love to Michael, send me email to chris (at) alpiar (dawt) com and lets get some dialog going, I LOVE psych thrillers ;)

• Premium Member

"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"

Said by the dolphins to the other inhabitants of earth as they evacuate prior to its being demolished to make room for an intergalactic hyperspace lane.

Douglas Adams.

Phil

Thank you for the feedback James :) I was told by several trusted sources to not try and cover all the gamuts out there and just focus on one style that I enjoy the most. And yea I am lost in my own epic adventure where I am the hero! I have tons and tons of rap, electronica, pop, stage-theater, traditional jazz, avant garde, etc stuff, do you think i should post all manner of things? Or do you mean more like other flavors within my orchestral writing? Thanks again tho I really appreciate your critique, its rare someone will take the time to say whats not grabbing them

I would say both, it couldn't hurt. I wouldn't include every single song you've ever written, but you best stuff in each category and of coarse EXCLUDE the categories that you don't feel you excel in or are at least competent in, mainly because with filmmakers, you never know what they're gonna want. As I said before I may find your epic orchestrations perfect for one film and totally inappropriate for another so if I were you, I'd want to increase my chances of getting work by offering as much quality music as posible in hopes of apealing to as many potential buyers as possible especially if I had already written the music and it was just a question of up uploading it. That's my opinion anyway.

"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"

Said by the dolphins to the other inhabitants of earth as they evacuate prior to its being demolished to make room for an intergalactic hyperspace lane.

Douglas Adams.

Phil

Indeed! What an amazingly creative series of books. I never saw the movies but I read all of this series. Tremendous humor and insight. People world over know that the answer to life the universe and everything is "42" and that indeed the universe was sneezed from the nose of the Great Green Arkaloyd! ;)

Indeed! What an amazingly creative series of books. I never saw the movies but I read all of this series. Tremendous humor and insight. People world over know that the answer to life the universe and everything is "42" and that indeed the universe was sneezed from the nose of the Great Green Arkaloyd! ;)

See, NONE of that was the damn movie or al LEAST I don't remember it being in the movie! Maybe THAT'S why the movie sucked <_<

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...