you do not need a micro35 lens adapter for a sony hvr-v1u

alfredoparra

here is a test footage I took with my sony hrv v1u hd camera with out any adapters or software! this is stright out the box raw footage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iotw6NcdArw

as you might know every lens adapter will give you a milky look! I built a few of them and experimented with them and I found alot of defects! I recommend not to buy one at all whatsoever! but if you do want one im selling mine with rod support for $300.00

Hmm, so what is your point exactly? I don't see how this footage shows a camera that there's no use putting an adapter on. It looks rather zoomed in, so I'd say the minor defocus effect on the background would be achieved with mostly any videocamera. I'd agree with you that a lot of cheap adapters can create unwanted effects, like soft images, or perhaps a milky look, but there are more expensive options that handle this better. Anyway, if you still have something to prove, bring more test footage, varied footage and some wide shots.

• Premium Member

So you're saying that sony builds a camera that works. Thanks.

Your footage looks exactly like one would expect footage to look coming from a prosumer video camera with no lighting. Lens adapters purpose is to make depth of field more controllable than with the video camera alone. You show exactly the depth of field I would expect from that camera.

I would suggest that you actually demonstrate or prove something the next time you claim to demonstrate or prove something.

Edited by Chris Keth

• 5 months later...