Is the motor of the Canon 1014 XL-S Super 8 Camera crystal synch?

evan glicker

I have someone interested in purchasing my Canon 1014 XL-S Super 8 Camera but they want to know whether the motor is crystal synch. If anyone would be so kind as to help me answer this question it would be much appreciated.

• Premium Member
I have someone interested in purchasing my Canon 1014 XL-S Super 8 Camera but they want to know whether the motor is crystal synch. If anyone would be so kind as to help me answer this question it would be much appreciated.

I'm not positive but I think the S at the end of XL-S stands for sync. I found a page that claims something about electronic speed controls and the ability to record sound so I would confidently guess yes.

One last thing, why is a query about a super 8 camera in the 16mm forum?

Edited by Chris Keth

I'm not positive but I think the S at the end of XL-S stands for sync. I found a page that claims something about electronic speed controls and the ability to record sound so I would confidently guess yes.

One last thing, why is a query about a super 8 camera in the 16mm forum?

Think the S stands for sound, not sync.

No the camera is not crystal sync, 99% positive on that.

Hi Evan

These people will modify to crystal

http://users.aol.com/fmgp/sync8.htm

Regards

Don