konvas.org mailing list

Nate Downes

Ok, I tried replying to something on the list, and it bounced, with an error that my SMTP server had been flagged as spam. A bit odd, so I followed the link, and it talks about how I need to pay a fine to delist my SMTP server. As my SMTP server is shared by almost 430,000 people, a tad unfair I'd feel. So, I go to an alternative email. Same thing. Then I see the spamblocker can be lifted by the admin. So, I email the admin... and he's blocked his own personal email! Needless to say, not too pleased.

So, if someone could PLEASE let the guys in charge of the konvas.org mailing list know that I'd like to have my email server unblocked, would be appreciated. Or at least let me know if spam did come from my email with a copy of it so I can do a more thurough check of my system for trojans, would be apprediated as well.

• Premium Member
Ok, I tried replying to something on the list, and it bounced, with an error that my SMTP server had been flagged as spam. A bit odd, so I followed the link, and it talks about how I need to pay a fine to delist my SMTP server. As my SMTP server is shared by almost 430,000 people, a tad unfair I'd feel. So, I go to an alternative email. Same thing. Then I see the spamblocker can be lifted by the admin. So, I email the admin... and he's blocked his own personal email! Needless to say, not too pleased.

So, if someone could PLEASE let the guys in charge of the konvas.org mailing list know that I'd like to have my email server unblocked, would be appreciated. Or at least let me know if spam did come from my email with a copy of it so I can do a more thurough check of my system for trojans, would be apprediated as well.

I don't understand anything about SMPT servers, but if you want to get in touch with the administrator of Konvas.org, he is Adam Frey, at thefirstrule@chainsawlinux.com

Hope this helps. There is plenty of interesting chatter on that board.

Best,

Bruce

I don't understand anything about SMPT servers, but if you want to get in touch with the administrator of Konvas.org, he is Adam Frey, at thefirstrule@chainsawlinux.com

Hope this helps. There is plenty of interesting chatter on that board.

Best,

Bruce

It bounces to him direct too. And yes, I can read it, I just can't respond to it. Could you mail Adam for me and let him know about the bouncing?

• 1 month later...
It bounces to him direct too. And yes, I can read it, I just can't respond to it. Could you mail Adam for me and let him know about the bouncing?

Hey Nate, someone passed this thread onto me - apparently at the time you tried emailing, the SMTP servers were having issues with a blacklist of some sorts. I was prepping to leave for Spain at the time, so I didn't catch it. But, it's all *supposed* to be fixed now...

I see you've already joined up on the http://konvas.org discussion list though. So I guess you finally got on.

Cheers,

Adam Frey

Director/Cinematographer

Crimson Chain Productions

http://crimsonchain.com

A fun, action-packed indie film:

http://www.huntingdragonflies.com

• 2 months later...