Is Spectra good for 16mm processing?

Hello,

I'm new here and am now looking for a good, cost-effective lab for 16mm negative (both B&W and color) processing & video transfer. Spectra has a good reputation with Super 8 but what about 16mm? Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I'm new here and am now looking for a good, cost-effective lab for 16mm negative (both B&W and color) processing & video transfer. Spectra has a good reputation with Super 8 but what about 16mm? Thanks in advance.

I used Spectra on a short 16mm project for school a while back. They're friendly and pretty fast. I did have a couple of small issues. The first few rolls I sent them came back a little dirty. When I told them, they seemed pretty shocked. They recleaned them for me, and for what it's worth, every roll I got back after that was pretty clean. There was also a mixup where one of the rolls I received was actually someone else's footage. Fortunately they caught the mistake before I went to telecine, and called me up. I didn't like the hassel of driving all the way back down there to exchange the rolls, and they didn't offer me any kind of discount for this inconvenience.

Aside from having to drive back down there twice, the actual processing was well done. I didn't experience any problems with the footage.

I've used them for some 16 (music video) a while back with excellent results. Both processing and telecine were very good and cost effective. They added some creative gate tricks and interesting edgy look that would be difficult to obtain elsewhere. I recommend their service and will continue to use them for my SD work.