1.85 frame

• Premium Member
hi all

nead help on what is the best way how to a chive a frame size of 1.85 in videocamera dsr450

thank you for your comments

roy

Either crop the frame or use an anamorphic adapter on the lens and stretch the frame in post.

I would crop.

yes i eill crop but any suggestions on how to?

there is an option in the operations-->display menu where you can set the specific aspect ratio u want. I think the option is called "Marker". You can use it to create any aspect ratio you want and it will show up as a sort of electronic "groundglass" in the viewfinder and any monitor output. The most exact way to use this is to frame a framing chart and set the "marker" to that to get an exact 1.85:1 frame. Record the framing chart and then crop it in post. Hope this helps.

• Premium Member
there is an option in the operations-->display menu where you can set the specific aspect ratio u want. I think the option is called "Marker". You can use it to create any aspect ratio you want and it will show up as a sort of electronic "groundglass" in the viewfinder and any monitor output. The most exact way to use this is to frame a framing chart and set the "marker" to that to get an exact 1.85:1 frame. Record the framing chart and then crop it in post. Hope this helps.

Does that camera give you 1.85? I thought you could only get 1.78.

Does that camera give you 1.85? I thought you could only get 1.78.

Yea, the camera is native 1.78:1. But it has the option of giving you custom framelines in the viewfinder and the monitor output that you can set to whatever you want. I was giddy like a child when I realized this, lol.

• Premium Member
Yea, the camera is native 1.78:1. But it has the option of giving you custom framelines in the viewfinder and the monitor output that you can set to whatever you want. I was giddy like a child when I realized this, lol.

Cool. Shows you how much I've used that cam :P