SDX900 initialization

Rick Shepardson

Hello,

I'm going to be shooting a 2 camera set up on SDX900. I am very nervous about this shoot as it is critical to a documentary I'm working on.

I know how to initialize the camera. However, I need to make sure that this will set everything back to factory default. I don't want to be suprised to find that some odd setting passes by the init. process and thus creating a stark appearance between the two camera images.

If nessesisary, does anyone no where I can find a list of the factory defaults for this camera?

Thank you,

Rick.

Initialization will indeed reset the camera menu items. But I don't necessarily think that's the best way to go. It's easy to get an SD card to load settings from one camera to another. Better to create a look you like than to go with the factory default, which is not the best look the camera can give. Also, if you absolutely need the cameras to match then you need to have an engineer perform a white shading on them with their lenses in place. There are variations in individual sensors and lenses that can only be evened out in a proper white shading using real scopes. A good rental house can do this for you.