Eclair ACL and Milliframe controller

Bert Smith

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help me with this situation. After buying an Éclair ACL with the 75fps motor, I noticed a small 9-pin (5 pins over 4) connector on the side of my motor, which on my camera, is green. I assumed it was for a speed control, so I wrote to Mr. Clive Tobin about his Milliframe unit, and what cable I might use if I found one of his units. Well, I won a Milliframe on Ebay, and I again wrote to Mr. Tobin and told him about the connector, and even gave him the specific size of the connector (just to be sure it was the right one), and he said his ?TMC55AA to Tiny Tim Cable? would be the one. So I ordered it from him. Wrong cable! Apparently he didn?t read the size of the connector I specified in my email. My connector is 3/8? at the widest point, the cable he sent is 1/2" inch at the widest point. They look identical, and have the same 5 over 4 pin layout, but are different sizes. He now says that he is unfamiliar with a connection like mine, which is the same in appearance but smaller then the one in his cable, and suggests that the connector on my camera might not be a speed control in the first place. I am very surprised this sort of mix-up could happen with a motor as common as the one in the ACL.

Does any have any advice or info about this situation? Is that perhaps not a speed control on my camera? Or if it is, what might that connector be called?to help Mr. Tobin find/build/adapt a cable that might work?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance