My first ever film test

AdamBray

Here's a clip of my first piece of 16mm film I ever shot. I was not going for an award in cinematography. More or less looking for scratches, light leak problems, or other lens or camera problems because I bought the camera off Ebay. It's shot on a Bolex reflex H16 on 7231 Plus X negative B&W. I used a Sekonic Studio Delux III light meter and our very own Cinelab did the telecine. The black bar on the right is of no fault of Cinelab. It's showed up when I put the footage in Compressor for whatever reason. Most is 24 FPS, the slow motion is 64 FPS.

Never shot any film or used a light meter before. I think it came out pretty good. There's some slight exposure problems and some footage looks soft, but I can work those bugs out. I was just playing around with slow motion and the DOF.

http://z5films.com/videos/filmtest3.mov

18 megs.

• 1 month later...
Here's a clip of my first piece of 16mm film I ever shot. I was not going for an award in cinematography. More or less looking for scratches, light leak problems, or other lens or camera problems because I bought the camera off Ebay. It's shot on a Bolex reflex H16 on 7231 Plus X negative B&W. I used a Sekonic Studio Delux III light meter and our very own Cinelab did the telecine. The black bar on the right is of no fault of Cinelab. It's showed up when I put the footage in Compressor for whatever reason. Most is 24 FPS, the slow motion is 64 FPS.

Never shot any film or used a light meter before. I think it came out pretty good. There's some slight exposure problems and some footage looks soft, but I can work those bugs out. I was just playing around with slow motion and the DOF.

http://z5films.com/videos/filmtest3.mov

18 megs.

hey, that looks good. did you really shoot this? should you have to prove it?

~Chris

• 2 weeks later...