K3 Loading Issue

Collin Insley

Hello, I apologize if I should have kept this post in the thread about K3 scratching film but this is a different issue.

I recently purchased a Krasnogorsk K3 off of eBay from the Ukraine and I've been having trouble with the loading of the film. When I load it initially and run it through the camera, everything works perfectly. The film stays in the shape of the film loop and there are no problems. I've ran about 20 feet of dummy film completely through the camera at 24 fps with absolutely no issues.

It's when I put the door back on that the problems arise. As soon as I put the door back on and pull the trigger, there is a weird noise and when I look inside the film is no longer in the shape of the film loop and as a result the pressure plate is no longer snug against the gate as a result of the film loop tightening.

Does anybody have any idea what's going on and what I can do to fix this?

Thanks,

Collin

It's when I put the door back on that the problems arise. As soon as I put the door back on and pull the trigger, there is a weird noise and when I look inside the film is no longer in the shape of the film loop and as a result the pressure plate is no longer snug against the gate as a result of the film loop tightening.

Suggestion: push down the plunger with your finger and run the camera with the door off

Like at 1:30 on the first video. You'll be able to see what's happening

K-3 Loading videos:

Suggestion: push down the plunger with your finger and run the camera with the door off

Like at 1:30 on the first video. You'll be able to see what's happening

K-3 Loading videos:

I did that and it ran fine but once again, as soon as I put the door on, it got all funky and out of the loop.

I did that and it ran fine but once again, as soon as I put the door on, it got all funky and out of the loop.

If the camera lost size of loops, you can have :

- incorrect film loading

- problem with camera.

About film loading.

You need set of hole of perforation of film on cog of cog's wheel between upper and lower film rollers, and

to set of hole of perforation of film on transport pin at film channel.

The upper and lower rollers of films must be move to cog's wheel.

You can see of my version of instruction of film loding.

http://www.geocities.com/russiancamera/16m...film-manual.htm

I recommend to use manual way of film loading.

You can check of quality of film aagter run by camera.

If the film have damage - holes from cog's of cog's wheel on surface of film, the camera can have problem and will need re-adjust of position of film's rollers and to check of position of main cog's wheel.