Super 35 Aperture gate

Guest Frederico Dichiara

Guest Frederico Dichiara

Does anyone know the exact size of a super 35 aperture gate for the kinor 35H? I want to modify it so that it will run super 35 and I need the mesurements for this.

F

Does anyone know the exact size of a super 35 aperture gate for the kinor 35H? I want to modify it so that it will run super 35 and I need the mesurements for this.

F

Kinor-35 H camera can have a few version of film gates at set of accessories of camera.

This can be film gate with mark " H" ( normal ) 1.37:1, 22.1 x 16 mm

"K" ( masked 1.66: 1) 22.4 mm x 13.35 mm

" C " ( Super 35 1.85: 1) 24.6 x 13.4 mm

"A" ( anamorphic 2.35:1 )

Kinor-35 H can have a few version of groun glasses too, This can be " normal|, masked, Super 35, anamorphic, with outside space, without outside space.

If you need, i can send pictures from all this devices.

I can give you my ideas about upgrade of film gate too.

Guest Frederico Dichiara

Hi Olex.

I talked to steven morton (here in Australia, Cinemods)about changing my standard 1.66 filmgate to a super 35 filmgate and he wanted to know what size the filmgate should be. So I guess that would be 24.6 x 13.4mm as you stated. My question is: How much problems would this alteration cause if I didn't change the ground glass right away? My second question would be: are the ground glasses and filmgates for konvas and kinor the same?

Please send me the pictures and the info about upgrading the filmgate, I would be most greatful.

With regards

Frederico

Kinor-35 H camera can have a few version of film gates at set of accessories of camera.

This can be film gate with mark " H" ( normal ) 1.37:1, 22.1 x 16 mm

"K" ( masked 1.66: 1) 22.4 mm x 13.35 mm

" C " ( Super 35 1.85: 1) 24.6 x 13.4 mm

"A" ( anamorphic 2.35:1 )

Kinor-35 H can have a few version of groun glasses too, This can be " normal|, masked, Super 35, anamorphic, with outside space, without outside space.

If you need, i can send pictures from all this devices.

I can give you my ideas about upgrade of film gate too.

Hi Olex.

I talked to steven morton (here in Australia, Cinemods)about changing my standard 1.66 filmgate to a super 35 filmgate and he wanted to know what size the filmgate should be. So I guess that would be 24.6 x 13.4mm as you stated. My question is: How much problems would this alteration cause if I didn't change the ground glass right away? My second question would be: are the ground glasses and filmgates for konvas and kinor the same?

Please send me the pictures and the info about upgrading the filmgate, I would be most greatful.

With regards

Frederico

I must underline, The my information have theoretical side only, i not modify of Kinor-35 H film gates.

If the Steven Morton have experience do this, I think, need take of Steven's ideas at first.

From other side, Steven expert of Kinor-35 cameras and her opinion have high value.

This is Super 35 film gate

This is Masked 1.66:1 film gate

About ground glass.

If you will use Normal ground glass witout out border surfaces, you can't see of part of Super 35 size from side and will see too high picture.

You can set of new marks of high of Super 35 picture, but, i don't know what need do with weight of image.

The ground glass and film gates of Konvas and Kinor not compatible.

Kinor ground glass - collecting lens with ground glass with borders on one side of lens.

About over-centering of lens mount. Kinor-35 don't have possibility of over-centering of lens mount.

The OPF-18 zoom lens from Kinor set have rear part with lens mount for Normal film gate and for Super 35

with over-centering of optical axis.