Who shot Nelly Furtado video "Try"?

Piotr Ciacka

I was very impressed by the cinematography in this music video. I love earthly colors, soft side- and frontlight. It shows that you can make frontlight both flattering and natural... I mean natural inside some stylized structure the clip exhibits, which has more to do with production design and adorable use of front projection.

Tried to find out who shot it, but I just got the name of a director: Sophie Muller. Anyone knows who was her DP? From what I gathered, Mr Wendell Greene might be helpful in this matter :-).

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Sorry, I didn't see this topic until this morning.

The DP for "Try" was a Brit named Steve Chivers. He shoots quite frequently with Muller. They have also worked on Furtado's "Turn Off The Lights" the "Wind It Up" & "Cool" videos by Gwen Stefani and Sade's "King of Sorrow" to name only a few.

The DP for "Try" was a Brit named Steve Chivers. He shoots quite frequently with Muller. They have also worked on Furtado's "Turn Off The Lights" the "Wind It Up" & "Cool" videos by Gwen Stefani and Sade's "King of Sorrow" to name only a few.

Thanks a lot Wendell, I had a feeling it was Chivers since he had a history with Muller. Well, I think this clip is one of his best works.

Now checking out some work of this CRASH! gentleman. Thank You Adam!

• Premium Member
Sorry, I didn't see this topic until this morning.

Good to hear that Steve is back. He had a most terrible accident about a year and half to two years ago on set when he fell off a 30ft platform and almost died.