Heads up to the Bourne Ult. Camera op

The coolest camera shot to operate on. Heads up to the op on this one. Click the link and check it out. fast forward through all the talking and BS about the film.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809772212/video/3463361/

about minute 1:14 you'll see it. This has to be the funnest day on set for the camera operator. I wonder if its a camera operator or a stuntman shown how to operate for that shot the camera (I fear the later) I would do it in a second. Anyway for those who haven't watched it yet, its a short shot of a camera guy running off the roof with the stunt man in Bourne Ult. Looks like a blast, and a cool shot to boot. I wish I could find more in-depth info on this stunt.

• Premium Member

It's a big enough show they might have union issues with letting a stuntman operate. I hope it's the/an operator. We should get to do fun stuff like that more often.

Haha Right on, glad to hear that stuntmen don't get all the fun. Looks like they did the shot as simple as they could, technically. I don't see a follow focus motor, which leads me to believe they shot at a high appeture and estimated distance and went for it. looks like a little cam too like an eyemo or 235, but the shot is too quick for me to really tell. Im sure once the DVD is out there will be a bit more footage of the stunt avalible. I work in the news, I am sure I will get an electronic press kit, and that will have more for sure. (I love those EPKs, they actually have long elaborate behind the scenes shots, not those 3 second clip montages the edited packs get.)

• Premium Member

I just came back from a day of shooting, sat down and watched a package I shot air nationally only to be utter deflated when the press kit for 'Bourne' ran directly after my stuff.

Now that's camera operating!