Hawk V- Series Anamorphic rental in U.S.A. ?

AmatEscalante

Hello,

I am looking to rent a set of Hawk V-series in USA (Shooting in California) and would like to know what options do I have, besides Camtec.

Any leads will be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

www.mantarraya.com

Edited by AmatEscalante

I fairly sure that the only place is going to be Camtec. I'm not even sure who in New York or Florida might have the V-series. If you're really against using Camtec, then Max's suggestion of contacting Vantage Films is going to be your best bet. Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with Camtec. I used them for a long time when I was starting out and found them to be quite good. Perhaps things have changed?

Hello and thank you all.

No problem at all with Camtec they are a very nice company it seems. I am just staring to look around for these lenses. I checked out Camtec's set and was just curious to know who else rented these lenses in U.S.A. shopping around....

A few recent movies have been shot with these lenses and it seemed strange that only one set existed of them in U.S.A. but I guess that's how it is.

I did contact Vantage about renting direct from them but they referred me to Clairmont Camera. But Clairmont does not have the V-series only the C's.

Thanks again for the info.

I did contact Vantage about renting direct from them but they referred me to Clairmont Camera. But Clairmont does not have the V-series only the C's.

Clairmont Camera is offering Hawk V-Series Anamorphics since this summer. Please contact Denny Clairmont or Irving Correa.

Peter Martin

Vantage Film - Hawk Lens Design

OK that is good news.

Very strange that I called the Hollywood office on Monday and they where very clear with me that they only have the C's. I spoke directly to someone in the lens department supposedly.

I will call again and talk directly to Denny Clairmont or Irving Correa.