Wanted Dog Leg for Angi 12-120mm

Sean M Murphy

Well I got a SWEET deal on an Angenieux Zoom off ebay and I need to find a dog leg for it because (shock and aw) no viewfinder comes with it. My bolex is non relfex and I really want to play with it using the reflex prism so I need to find a compatible viewfinder. I found one on ebay that says it will fit an eclair... looks like a smoking deal

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=011

however if it doesn't work for the lens I bought I want to find something that will. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Unless your zoom is just missing the side finder you can't just attach one to a lens that does not have the the proper rear optical housing. Two different optical mechanical configurations altogeather.

copy that

it is just missing the side finder... it has everything it needs to work. I just need the dog leg and having never needed to find parts for this kind of lens it's strange territory.

Thanks

Sean,

We used to yank them off of Ang. zooms all the time when the owner went from using an Auricon or whatever none reflexed camera to an Arri or whatever. I would think that Century Optics or some other lens repair facility would have a drawer full of them.

Saw one on ebay a week or so ago. If you find one I could probally talk you thru on the mounting and the alignment of the mask.

Sean,

We used to yank them off of Ang. zooms all the time when the owner went from using an Auricon or whatever none reflexed camera to an Arri or whatever. I would think that Century Optics or some other lens repair facility would have a drawer full of them.

Saw one on ebay a week or so ago. If you find one I could probally talk you thru on the mounting and the alignment of the mask.

FANTASTIC!!! Thanks a lot Chuck. I had gotten to the point where I was getting pretty desperate. I'll look them up and let you know.

Guest Michael Carter

Whitehouse Audio Visual, Ken Hale ?

I went through the same thing with a 9.5-95mm lens that had the dog leg removed and the hole plugged up with epoxy. However, I've learned how to use it as is and it is great.

Martin Hill & Associates may have an extra one.