redrock adapter

odin wadleigh

this is more of a redrock adapter question than a HVX 200 question...

I used the hvx with the redrock adapter recently... since the redrock flips the image upside down what is the best way to flip the image right side up? Is rotating the image in final cut pro the best way to compensate for the upside down image?

thanks.

this is more of a redrock adapter question than a HVX 200 question...

I used the hvx with the redrock adapter recently... since the redrock flips the image upside down what is the best way to flip the image right side up? Is rotating the image in final cut pro the best way to compensate for the upside down image?

thanks.

I use the "flop" filter, then in the filter settings choose horizontal and vertical. Then copy the filter back into your favorites folder. When you double click on your footage file and it brings it up in the viewer, drag the filter over from your favorites. Now the clip is fixed whether it's in your sequence or not.

Rotating it will work fine too, I just like to have it as a filter,.. it seems a little faster for that way I do things. I guess you could just copy and paste attributes for the rotation.

The problem with my way, is if you want to copy like a 3-way color correction filter and past attributes to an other file, it'll copy the flop filer too, and if you already have flopped your shot then it will re-flop it back to upside down. But it's not that big of a deal.

Hope that helps.

- Greg

I use the "flop" filter, then in the filter settings choose horizontal and vertical. Then copy the filter back into your favorites folder. When you double click on your footage file and it brings it up in the viewer, drag the filter over from your favorites. Now the clip is fixed whether it's in your sequence or not.

Rotating it will work fine too, I just like to have it as a filter,.. it seems a little faster for that way I do things. I guess you could just copy and paste attributes for the rotation.

The problem with my way, is if you want to copy like a 3-way color correction filter and past attributes to an other file, it'll copy the flop filer too, and if you already have flopped your shot then it will re-flop it back to upside down. But it's not that big of a deal.

Hope that helps.

- Greg

ok, cool, thanks...

great looking reel by the way. was most of that stuff shot with the HVX 200? with or without 35mm lenses?

ok, cool, thanks...

great looking reel by the way. was most of that stuff shot with the HVX 200? with or without 35mm lenses?

Thank you! Only the paintball stuff was shot on the HVX200 with a little ghetto 35mm adapter. The rest was Vari-Cam, SDX 900 and HDX 900.

- Greg