Help choosing right stock and developing process

Guest Thiago

Hi, my name is Thiago, I'm on the sixth semester of film school (FAAP - São Paulo, Brazil) and I'm about to be the director of photography of a 35mm short film.

I was the cinematographer on a digital movie we've made on the fourth semester of college, but now I'm really into making something really controlled and professional, so I'm reasearching issues of "American Cinematographer", sites, books and the likes.

I'm shooting outdoors only, at the moment.

Two locations: a small city (Atibaia), lots of houses, few buildings, small streets few traffic. And fields. One place with a huge tree, one with a beautiful lake, another that looks like a tree cemetery and a giant rock, a tourist attraction of the city.

But the thing is, on the CITY locations, I want the image washed out, a little greenish, just like "Phone Booth" (mainly) or "The Matrix". High contrast, but little color saturation.

Any ideas for a film or developing process that will result in little saturation and high contrasts? Black shoud be black and white should be white, but it has to look a little washed out.

And on the FIELD, I would like bright, living colors and few contrasts. Something like "Big Fish", when he´s all suronded by yellow flowers. Something that looks like paradise, because it's a place where the main character awakes after he dies.

How much should I overexpose, underexpose, overdevelop or underdevelop on which kind of stock to get these results. Any ideas?

I'm afraid of using 50D instead of 250D because I don't know how much light will I have.

By the way, we have a very tight budget.

Thank you very much for the attention.