Cinealta and Anamorphic

jijhh

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andrew!

I shot a feature with the canon adapter this spring. The film is called ISCARIOT and the premier will be in mid november in sweden. I can keep you informed about if it will show around the world and when it will be on dvd.

I was a really nice piece of glas and I had no problem with it, turns the image upsidedown so you need to use a accuscene finder that can handle that and adjust for the anamorphic image.

Backfocus is hard to deal with though, espcially when you put a zoom on the camera.

But the hardest thing is to find the converter, don´t think canon sold alot of them.

Good luck

Andreas Wessberg f.s.f.

We have the Canon converter available for rent.

Mitch,

Thanks, I actually just spoke with you very briefly on the phone today about it (sorry I was just bumping into someone).

Andreas,

How does monitoring work? I'm not familiar with accuscene.

Are there any lenses that work particularly well with this adaptor? What glass did you shoot with?

Best,

Andrew

Hi!

You need a monitor that can turn the image upsidedown, if not turn the monitor upsidedown.

The image will be anamorphic in the monitor and the finder. Some monitors I know can fix that, but the accuscene is the only finder I know about that can both turn the image and compress the image to normal (wide mode). It´s also in color and a wery good tool with a lot of settings, read the manual properly before you start working with it.

I can recomend ziess digiprime, they are the sharpest lenses for video, canon primes are good as well. I shot with fujinon lenses wich cause som trouble for my focus puller.

If you use an F900/3 or an F900R with the proper option boards (the Memory cache), then the camera will flip the image for you, recording it to tape corrected as well as sending the proper flip to the viewfinder & monitor. I like the new Canon primes as well, although I have nothing bad to say about the Digi Pimes or Fujis. I wouldn't want to use the adaptor with a zoom if only because your camera will be five feet long.