Oh NO!! HVX pixelization!!!

Matt Bizer

I shot a live show last night and had an odd issue??!!

I shot using a Panasonic HVX in SD mode with red rocks and have an odd pixelization that shows up on the subjects. anyone know what could be causing this? all of the other tapes shot on the same settings are fine when I capture.

If you have a clue please help!!!

If only one tape is affected, it might suggest that you have a bad piece of stock OR the record head got clogged for that tape.

J

In further research it looks as if it is only in capture. On playback it looks good, but when the anamorphic is stretched in final cut it appears to have vertical interlace? it is really odd... anyone seen this before? It has been captured multiple times and same problem?? setting maybe?

• Premium Member
In further research it looks as if it is only in capture. On playback it looks good, but when the anamorphic is stretched in final cut it appears to have vertical interlace? it is really odd... anyone seen this before? It has been captured multiple times and same problem?? setting maybe?

The playback head in the VTR of the HVX-200 probably has dirty heads then.

As for the "vertical interlace" issue, a more precise description of what you're seeing (as well as the settings used to shoot and capture) would be needed to diagnose.

Remember, if you shot in 24P Standard Def, then when you capture you will have 2:3 pulldown (and the associated interlace and frame judder artifacts) unless you remove the pulldown...if you shot 24PA you could automatically remove the pulldown on capture.

J