Practice film 35mm

James Steven Beverly

Does anyone have some outtakes or short rolls of film prints they don't want and are planning on trashing? If you have some of the mag stock that matches to the outtakes that I can use to practice syncing to the picture that would be very cool too. I wanted to practice using my KEMs and wanted to do so with film that I can't possible screw up so I can get familiar with this equipment before I actually have to do it for real when we start filming. :D I'm really only looking for a few hundred feet or less just to screw with so if you have some please let me know. Oh and because I'm a cheap bastard, I want it for free (well shipping only). :D Thanks -The Captain

Edited by James Steven Beverly

• Premium Member
Does anyone have some outtakes or short rolls of film prints they don't want and are planning on trashing?

At my school, there are always tons of trim bins full of last semester's abandoned footage. That's 16mm workprint, but maybe there's a film school near you where the students still shoot and edit 35mm. Why don't you ask around and see if the'll give you some of that stuff?