shooting in a darkroom

I am shooting a scene that occurs in a darkroom on colour neg 500T and I want to expose it with an amber safe light look whilst exposing for the light source from the enlarger. My plan is to light the entire room with one diffused gelled light source and fill certain objects with gelled 150s. What gel should I use? Is there another and possibly an easier, or better way?

• Premium Member
I am shooting a scene that occurs in a darkroom on colour neg 500T and I want to expose it with an amber safe light look whilst exposing for the light source from the enlarger. My plan is to light the entire room with one diffused gelled light source and fill certain objects with gelled 150s. What gel should I use? Is there another and possibly an easier, or better way?

My feeling is that everything looks desaturated and monochromatic under a darkroom safelight, which has the sodium-vapor look, so if this will be color-corrected digitally, I would use a strong yellow-ish light and then pull a lot of the chroma out in post.